Kathy’s Awesome Pulled Pork BBQ Sando
Just in time for summer dining. This tried and true recipe will make you full and happy! An excellent pairing with Jeff's delicious wines. My most recent choice was the 2018 Maggie's Zinfandel - so good!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 4 hours
4 pounds boneless pork butt (also called a Boston Butt)
- 2 t cayenne pepper
- 2 t garlic powder
- 1 t kosher salt
- 1 t black pepper
- 2 t cumin
- 1 t celery salt
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Mix all of the dry ingredients in a bowl
- Rub olive oil over the entire surface
- Coat/rub meat with spices
- Place “da’ butt” on top of foil [cut long enough to wrap it later] in a roasting pan
- Bake at 400° for 30 minutes
- Reduce the temperature to 300°, wrap meat tightly in foil
- Bake for an additional 3.5 hours
- Cool for 15-30 minutes
- Shred meat with a fork, remove fat as you go
Serving Suggestions + Sides
Mix meat with BBQ sauce (if you must but usually do not)and serve on fresh Brioche or potato buns with traditional coleslaw that features both purple and green cabbage, apple cider vinegar & celery seed ... it's the key!
Enjoy the YUM!
Refreshing Libation Pairings
There are many options for paring just choose something that suits your mood:
- Reds: Zinfandel, GSM, Syrah (or dare I suggest, Pinot! ;)
- Aromatic Whites: Viognier, The First Date
CommentsCommenting has been turned off.
You know you want to be
in the Cohn Zone
Enter your email address to keep up to date on the latest wine releases, events, and promotions.